A 2-3 month internship to learn about MM company culture, experience what it’s like to work in one of our Markets, and deepen their knowledge into a specific area, linking all our work to the wider context of sustainability. Interns will gain:
- A holistic experience of working in MM & understanding of company culture,
- Deepened skills in a specific area of the Business,
- Ability to link all our work to the wider context of Sustainability,
- Enhanced personal & professional development.
Phase 1: 1 week intensive as a group
- MODULE 1: Understanding MM Manifesto/Culture and tour of MM
- MODULE 2: Discussion of MM team and who does what, a few come in to talk
- MODULE 3: Setting up & running a Stall and day behind the shack…virtually speak to a TP
- MODULE 4: Sustainability in Food Retail & Risto (in MM)
- MODULE 5: Basics of Project Management and how MM communication works
- MODULE 6: Personal development project (capstone project) + project planning
Phase 2: 7 weeks where each intern works on their day to day projects and capstone.
- 40% time working for a team (on specific projects/tasks for every team)
- 50% time working on capstone project
- 10% time weekly educational modules on sustainability, food business, and food policy run by our AcadeMMy instructors
Day to day projects: These provide the opportunity to work with a mentor in their department (Projects include creating graphics, analyzing shopify marketing, developing operations manuals, and creating lesson plans for the AcadeMMy).
Capstone project: A long-term project more focused on research and something tangible to add your resume around food policy, international expansion, and social impact.