1. Cut the pumpkin in cubes and cook them with a cup of water and a pinch of salt until soft.
With a handblender make a puree out of it and set aside.
2. In a pot warm up some olive oil, chop the onion finely and add it to the pot. cook it for 5/10 minutes or until slightly golden.
3. Add the rice to the pot, stir and toast it slighlty for a few minutes.
4. Warm the stock up and start adding it to the rice. keep stirring and adding more liquid as the rice absorbs it, alternating stock and all the pumpkin puree.
5. Once the rice is cooked (15-18 min), turn the heat off and add the grated parmesan and butter.
6. When ready to serve, drizzle some good quality balsamic vinegar of modena, and some thyme leaves if wanted.
MM is inviting people, companies and policymakers across London, the UK and the world to join the movement to change food culture in the country. This is an open invitation for people who believe in:
Healthy, sustainable, living food made with rural, artisanal practices
Supply chains that prioritise quality over price and make good, healthy food available
The importance of community in cities across the world, starting with London